Terms and Conditions
1.These Terms and Conditions reflect the practice of ‘Al-Hafidhoon Academy’ which form the basis of a legal contract between the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of the enrolling student(s) and ‘Al-Hafidhoon Academy’. The terms and conditions are intended to promote the education and welfare of each child. *Please note that these terms and condition are subject to change.
2. ‘The Classes’/ ‘We’/ ‘Us’- stands for ‘Al-Hafidhoon Academy’ only.
3. ‘The Manager’- is responsible for the day to day running and organisation of the classes and that expression also includes those to whom any duties of the manager has been delegated upon such as ‘The Teachers’/ ‘The Tutors’ etc.
4. ‘The Parents’/ ‘You’ / ‘The Guardians’- means and includes any person that has signed the Application Form and /or who has accepted responsibility for the Child’s attendance for the classes. Parents are legally responsible, individually and jointly, for complying with their obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
5. ‘The Child’/ ‘The Student’- is the child named on the registration form and terms and conditions.
C: The Classes
6. Our Aims: To provide the child with an enjoyable atmosphere where he/she can learn the basics of their religion within an islamically orientated environment. The classes are targeted for children including and between the ages of 4-13. To nurture and guide our younger generation by providing them with the tools necessary to confront and grow within our society/wider world. We are committed to providing a secure environment in which each child can develop at his or her own pace. Parents are expected to give their support and encouragement to the aims of Al-Hafidhoon Academy and to uphold and promote its good name.
D: Entry to the Academy
7. Age: We enroll children from the age of 4 – 13 years.
8. Minimum Attendance: 1 Year.
9. Administration fee: In order to register the child, a non-refundable administration fee of £10 is required.
10. Application Form: The Application form and fee registers a child for the classes. Children will be considered for entry to the classes when the registration form has been completed and returned to staff and the non refundable administration fee is paid. Entry is subject to availability based on first come first served.
11. Placement Offer: Once a place becomes available, the parent(s) will be contacted and offered a place. The parent(s) will be given a place offer via email/text message and a copy of these terms and conditions, which once received by Al-Hafidhoon Academy, with the non-refundable fee will secure the child’s place.
E: Pastoral Care
12. Meaning: Pastoral care is a thread that runs throughout all aspects of life at this academy and is directed towards the happiness safety and welfare of each child.
13. Physical Contact: Parents give consent to such physical contact as may accord with good practice and is appropriate and proper for teaching and instruction and for providing comfort to the children in distress or to maintain safety and good order, or in connection with the child’s health and welfare.
14. Concerns/ Complaints: Any question, concern or complaint about the pastoral care or safety of the child must be made in the first instance to the Manager. In the absence of the manager, the designated acting Deputy Manager.
15. Managers Authority: The parents authorise the Manager to take and/or authorise in good faith all decisions which the Manager considers on proper grounds, will safeguard and promote the children’s welfare.
16. Disclosures: Parents must as soon as possible, disclose to the academy in confidence any known medical condition health problem or allergy affecting the child, any learning difficulty, special educational need or emotional or behavioural difficulty, or any family circumstances or court order which might affect the child’s welfare or happiness, or any concerns about the child’s safety.
17. Permission to Collect: The staff must be informed if someone other than the parent is collecting the child. No child will be allowed to leave the premises with anyone who has not been given prior consent.
18. Belongings: The child is allowed to bring a toy with them to class but it must be handed over to the teacher first. The child will be given permission to use it during break times only.
19. Clothing: All children are required to wear appropriate Islamic clothing.
20. Food: Children are allowed to bring snacks in to class to consume during their break. Healthy snacks are recommended but not a must.
21. Dietary Requirements: Please ensure that children bring their own snacks to class along with their own drinks.
22. Liability: Unless negligent or guilty of some other wrongdoing causing injury loss or damage the academy does not accept responsibility for accidental injury or other loss caused to the child or parents or for loss or damage to property.
F: Health and Medical Matters
23. Medical Declaration: Parents will be asked to complete an emergency form concerning the child’s health and must inform a member of staff instantly if the child develops any known medical condition, health problem or allergy, or will be unable to take part in any class activities or has been in contact with infectious diseases. The child must not be brought into class unwell.
24. Infectious Diseases: Children will not be accepted into the classes with an infectious disease and must not return until medically fit. The academy reserves the right to send the child home if he or she becomes unwell whilst under the its care. It is a condition of acceptance that parents leave an emergency number.
25. Medicine: The classes cannot normally administer any medicine to a child unless prescribed by a doctor.
26. Emergency Medical Treatment: The parents authorise the Manager to consent on behalf of the parents to the child receiving emergency, medical treatment including blood transfusions within England, general anaesthetic and operations under the National Health Service necessary for the child’s welfare and if the parents cannot be contacted in time.
27. Meaning: ‘’Fees’’ where used in these terms and conditions means the monthly charge set by Al-Hafidhoon Academy for the duration of a year from the date of registration, registration fee (£10 per child) and late payment charges if incurred. Parents will be consulted regarding any extra costs such as day trips or external activities.
28. Payment: Our fees are set to reflect the cost of service being provided. Parents are required to pay the fees one month in advance. Fees are due and payable on or before the invoice issue date. Fees are the joint responsibility of each person who has signed the place application form.
29. Late Payment: Any payments received after the due date on the invoice will incur a late payment fee.
30. Fee Increases: Fees may be subject to change.
31. Late Collection: Parents are required to collect their child promptly at the end of the session each day. Late collection occurs when a parent collects their child later than 10 minutes after session end. Each late collection will incur a late collection fee published on the next fee invoice. The academy reserves the right to terminate this agreement for frequent or pertinent late collection.
32. Refund/Waiver: Fees will not be refunded or waived for absence through sickness or any other reason. This rule is necessary so the Academy can run. No compensation will be paid or refund be given if the Academy has to be closed due to any reason beyond its control, such as technical problems, building restoration, or severe weather conditions.
33. Exclusion for Non Payment: If payment is not made, parents will be charged additional fees. If this is not paid, the child may be exluded without notice.
H: Cancellation, Withdrawal
34. Withdrawal: Means that the parents have withdrawn the child from the Academy. If this is done without the Academy receiving any form of notice, the parents will have to continue paying the fees until the end of the calendar year starting from the date of registration. Two months notice is required before withdrawing the child from the classes.
35. Cancellation: The Administration fees will be retained if, for any reason, you cancel your acceptance of a place or your child does not join the Academy.
36. Removal: In extreme cases the parents may be required to remove the child permanently if, because of the conduct of a parent or the child, it appears to the manager or teachers that the continued presence of the child is incompatible with the interest of the academy. The Academy would not terminate the contract without good cause and full consultation with parents.
I: General Conditions
37. Legal Contract: The offer of a place and its acceptance by the Parents give rise to a legally binding contract on the terms of these terms and conditions.
PDF version available for download. CLick here to download